I recently read an online comment from a reader, responding to a Deseret News article, complaining about: "...Obama and his communist policies!"
A partial definition of the word "communism" taken from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, says communism is: "a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away."
President Obama's policies hardly facilitate the withering away of the state (the government). The Marxist theory of the future withering away of government and the present day delusion of, "...Obama and his communist policies," are both mirages.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 42
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26