I recently read an online comment from a reader, responding to a Deseret News article, complaining about: "...Obama and his communist policies!"
A partial definition of the word "communism" taken from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, says communism is: "a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away."
President Obama's policies hardly facilitate the withering away of the state (the government). The Marxist theory of the future withering away of government and the present day delusion of, "...Obama and his communist policies," are both mirages.
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 41
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 40
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 24
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 24
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21