I recently read an online comment from a reader, responding to a Deseret News article, complaining about: "...Obama and his communist policies!"
A partial definition of the word "communism" taken from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, says communism is: "a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away."
President Obama's policies hardly facilitate the withering away of the state (the government). The Marxist theory of the future withering away of government and the present day delusion of, "...Obama and his communist policies," are both mirages.
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 38
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22