I recently read an online comment from a reader, responding to a Deseret News article, complaining about: "...Obama and his communist policies!"
A partial definition of the word "communism" taken from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, says communism is: "a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away."
President Obama's policies hardly facilitate the withering away of the state (the government). The Marxist theory of the future withering away of government and the present day delusion of, "...Obama and his communist policies," are both mirages.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- Jay Evensen: In fight over school funding,...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27