I recently read an online comment from a reader, responding to a Deseret News article, complaining about: "...Obama and his communist policies!"
A partial definition of the word "communism" taken from my Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, says communism is: "a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away."
President Obama's policies hardly facilitate the withering away of the state (the government). The Marxist theory of the future withering away of government and the present day delusion of, "...Obama and his communist policies," are both mirages.
- Drew Clark: Can the state really force... 79
- Letter: Increase education spending 51
- Letter: Leaving the past? 28
- Letter: College-induced poverty 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Great Recession... 26
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is... 20
- Letter: Put it to a vote 18
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on... 14