DEER VALLEY — A skier who died Tuesday after crashing into a tree at Deer Valley Resort was identified Wednesday as a Florida man.
Michael Leone, 65, of West Palm Beach, was skiing on the Keno run, just above Nabob run on Bald Mountain, when he collided with a tree about 11:30 a.m., resort officials said.
Rescue efforts by members of the ski patrol and crews from a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for Leone, who was wearing a helmet, according to resort officials.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15