DEER VALLEY — A skier who died Tuesday after crashing into a tree at Deer Valley Resort was identified Wednesday as a Florida man.
Michael Leone, 65, of West Palm Beach, was skiing on the Keno run, just above Nabob run on Bald Mountain, when he collided with a tree about 11:30 a.m., resort officials said.
Rescue efforts by members of the ski patrol and crews from a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for Leone, who was wearing a helmet, according to resort officials.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16