DEER VALLEY — A skier who died Tuesday after crashing into a tree at Deer Valley Resort was identified Wednesday as a Florida man.
Michael Leone, 65, of West Palm Beach, was skiing on the Keno run, just above Nabob run on Bald Mountain, when he collided with a tree about 11:30 a.m., resort officials said.
Rescue efforts by members of the ski patrol and crews from a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for Leone, who was wearing a helmet, according to resort officials.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 23
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22