DEER VALLEY — A skier who died Tuesday after crashing into a tree at Deer Valley Resort was identified Wednesday as a Florida man.
Michael Leone, 65, of West Palm Beach, was skiing on the Keno run, just above Nabob run on Bald Mountain, when he collided with a tree about 11:30 a.m., resort officials said.
Rescue efforts by members of the ski patrol and crews from a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for Leone, who was wearing a helmet, according to resort officials.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15