Regarding the inversion and smog issue: Our legislators ought to realize that this is serious business. Each one of us breathes the air — our grandchildren, children, friends and visitors.
Why don't they get tough? On red days, anyone driving over 65 should pay twice the fine when caught.
And refineries, or anyone who emits anything, should have to shut down. These companies often shut down in the summer for repairs, cleaning, etc. That shouldn't be punitive for them, they can just adapt to knowing December and January should be the times they shut down for their maintenance. That ought to help a great deal.
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- Letter: Drones or privacy
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14