Regarding the inversion and smog issue: Our legislators ought to realize that this is serious business. Each one of us breathes the air — our grandchildren, children, friends and visitors.
Why don't they get tough? On red days, anyone driving over 65 should pay twice the fine when caught.
And refineries, or anyone who emits anything, should have to shut down. These companies often shut down in the summer for repairs, cleaning, etc. That shouldn't be punitive for them, they can just adapt to knowing December and January should be the times they shut down for their maintenance. That ought to help a great deal.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme Court...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex Boye's...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 53
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 46
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 27
- My view: Character still matters in... 25
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 25
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 21
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20