Regarding the inversion and smog issue: Our legislators ought to realize that this is serious business. Each one of us breathes the air — our grandchildren, children, friends and visitors.
Why don't they get tough? On red days, anyone driving over 65 should pay twice the fine when caught.
And refineries, or anyone who emits anything, should have to shut down. These companies often shut down in the summer for repairs, cleaning, etc. That shouldn't be punitive for them, they can just adapt to knowing December and January should be the times they shut down for their maintenance. That ought to help a great deal.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 84
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 63
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 38
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 36