Regarding the inversion and smog issue: Our legislators ought to realize that this is serious business. Each one of us breathes the air — our grandchildren, children, friends and visitors.
Why don't they get tough? On red days, anyone driving over 65 should pay twice the fine when caught.
And refineries, or anyone who emits anything, should have to shut down. These companies often shut down in the summer for repairs, cleaning, etc. That shouldn't be punitive for them, they can just adapt to knowing December and January should be the times they shut down for their maintenance. That ought to help a great deal.
- Letter: Social judges?
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 26
- Letter: Social judges? 25