DEER VALLEY — A 65-year-old Florida man died Tuesday after colliding with a tree while skiing at Deer Valley Resort.
Deer Valley ski patrol responded to the incident about 11:30 a.m. on the Keno run, just above Nabob on Bald Mountain. Rescue efforts by both ski patrol and a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for the man, who was wearing a helmet, according to Deer Valley Resort communications manager Emily Summers.
Park City police were in the process of notifying the man’s family Tuesday.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15