DEER VALLEY — A 65-year-old Florida man died Tuesday after colliding with a tree while skiing at Deer Valley Resort.
Deer Valley ski patrol responded to the incident about 11:30 a.m. on the Keno run, just above Nabob on Bald Mountain. Rescue efforts by both ski patrol and a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for the man, who was wearing a helmet, according to Deer Valley Resort communications manager Emily Summers.
Park City police were in the process of notifying the man’s family Tuesday.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13