DEER VALLEY — A 65-year-old Florida man died Tuesday after colliding with a tree while skiing at Deer Valley Resort.
Deer Valley ski patrol responded to the incident about 11:30 a.m. on the Keno run, just above Nabob on Bald Mountain. Rescue efforts by both ski patrol and a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for the man, who was wearing a helmet, according to Deer Valley Resort communications manager Emily Summers.
Park City police were in the process of notifying the man’s family Tuesday.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16