DEER VALLEY — A 65-year-old Florida man died Tuesday after colliding with a tree while skiing at Deer Valley Resort.
Deer Valley ski patrol responded to the incident about 11:30 a.m. on the Keno run, just above Nabob on Bald Mountain. Rescue efforts by both ski patrol and a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for the man, who was wearing a helmet, according to Deer Valley Resort communications manager Emily Summers.
Park City police were in the process of notifying the man’s family Tuesday.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 107
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17