DEER VALLEY — A 65-year-old Florida man died Tuesday after colliding with a tree while skiing at Deer Valley Resort.
Deer Valley ski patrol responded to the incident about 11:30 a.m. on the Keno run, just above Nabob on Bald Mountain. Rescue efforts by both ski patrol and a medical helicopter proved unsuccessful for the man, who was wearing a helmet, according to Deer Valley Resort communications manager Emily Summers.
Park City police were in the process of notifying the man’s family Tuesday.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 35
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 11