Utah Grizzlies: Utah looks to shatter 19-year-old home record Wednesday
The Utah Grizzlies, the best team in the ECHL since Christmas, looks to shatter a 19-year-old team record Wednesday when they host the Las Vegas Wranglers at Maverik Center at 7 p.m.
At 7-0-1-2 in their last 10 home games, the Grizzlies now own the longest unbeaten streak since the club moved to Utah at the start of the 1995-96 season.
The 1994-95 Denver Grizzlies went unbeaten in 10-straight games from Dec. 26, 1994 to Feb. 8, 1995, when the team played in the IHL.
This year’s team started its unbeaten streak at home with a 5-3 win over Colorado on Dec. 28. Utah has not lost in regulation at Maverik Center since Dec. 7.
Utah currently is 13-4-2-4 at Maverik Center with standings points in 19 of 23 home games. It owns the third best home winning percentage in the ECHL behind Evansville and Alaska. The Grizzlies lead the ECHL with a 10-2-2-2 record.
Aaron Dell was named the ECHL’s Goaltender of the Week this past week after being named runner-up the week before.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20