Utah Grizzlies: Utah looks to shatter 19-year-old home record Wednesday
The Utah Grizzlies, the best team in the ECHL since Christmas, looks to shatter a 19-year-old team record Wednesday when they host the Las Vegas Wranglers at Maverik Center at 7 p.m.
At 7-0-1-2 in their last 10 home games, the Grizzlies now own the longest unbeaten streak since the club moved to Utah at the start of the 1995-96 season.
The 1994-95 Denver Grizzlies went unbeaten in 10-straight games from Dec. 26, 1994 to Feb. 8, 1995, when the team played in the IHL.
This year’s team started its unbeaten streak at home with a 5-3 win over Colorado on Dec. 28. Utah has not lost in regulation at Maverik Center since Dec. 7.
Utah currently is 13-4-2-4 at Maverik Center with standings points in 19 of 23 home games. It owns the third best home winning percentage in the ECHL behind Evansville and Alaska. The Grizzlies lead the ECHL with a 10-2-2-2 record.
Aaron Dell was named the ECHL’s Goaltender of the Week this past week after being named runner-up the week before.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25