Utah Grizzlies: Utah looks to shatter 19-year-old home record Wednesday
The Utah Grizzlies, the best team in the ECHL since Christmas, looks to shatter a 19-year-old team record Wednesday when they host the Las Vegas Wranglers at Maverik Center at 7 p.m.
At 7-0-1-2 in their last 10 home games, the Grizzlies now own the longest unbeaten streak since the club moved to Utah at the start of the 1995-96 season.
The 1994-95 Denver Grizzlies went unbeaten in 10-straight games from Dec. 26, 1994 to Feb. 8, 1995, when the team played in the IHL.
This year’s team started its unbeaten streak at home with a 5-3 win over Colorado on Dec. 28. Utah has not lost in regulation at Maverik Center since Dec. 7.
Utah currently is 13-4-2-4 at Maverik Center with standings points in 19 of 23 home games. It owns the third best home winning percentage in the ECHL behind Evansville and Alaska. The Grizzlies lead the ECHL with a 10-2-2-2 record.
Aaron Dell was named the ECHL’s Goaltender of the Week this past week after being named runner-up the week before.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 171
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 36
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26