Guest commentary: Ranking the most unlikely players to score 50 points in an NBA game
7. Vernon Maxwell: "Mad Max" scored 51 points on Jan. 26, 1991, during a season when he averaged 17 points. Maxwell finished his career averaging 12.8 points a contest.
6. Dana Barros: Barros scored 50 points on March 14, 1995, during his lone all-star season. For his career, Barros averaged 10.5 points a night.
5. Willie Burton: Burton scored 53 points on Dec. 13, 1994, during a season when he averaged 15.3 points a game. For his career, Burton averaged 10.3 points a contest.
4. Tony Delk: Delk scored 53 points on Jan. 2, 2001, during a season where he averaged 12.3 points a game. For his career, Delk averaged. 9.1 points a night.
3. Tracy Murray: Murray scored 50 points on Feb. 10, 1998, in a season where he put up 15.1 points a night. For his career, Murray averaged 9 points a game.
2. Walt Wesley: Wesley scored 50 points on Feb. 19, 1971. For his career, Wesley averaged 8.5 points a night.
1. Terrence Ross: Ross is averaging 10.2 points a game this year and has a career average of 7.8 points a night.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 26