Obamacare isn’t working well? Come on now, that really came out of left field.
Maybe it’s just who we are. Perhaps America is at her best when she’s rolling up her sleeves and cleaning up messes made by man and Mother Nature. After all, a country of 300 million can’t possibly be expected to foresee every coming disaster.
But can't we predict many of them? If we changed our habits at home, could it ripple throughout a community and beyond?
Maybe there are lessons to be learned in the final hours before a snowstorm.
Buy the snowblower you need — not the only snowblower left.
Buy your milk and eggs early and not more than is really necessary.
Most importantly, if you do have extras, save them.
Maybe we can use them to repay China.
Jason Wright is a New York Times best-selling author of 10 books, including "Christmas Jars" and his latest, "The 96th Annual Apple Valley Barn Dance." He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, applevalleybarndance.com or jasonfwright.com
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 74
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46