Obamacare isn’t working well? Come on now, that really came out of left field.
Maybe it’s just who we are. Perhaps America is at her best when she’s rolling up her sleeves and cleaning up messes made by man and Mother Nature. After all, a country of 300 million can’t possibly be expected to foresee every coming disaster.
But can't we predict many of them? If we changed our habits at home, could it ripple throughout a community and beyond?
Maybe there are lessons to be learned in the final hours before a snowstorm.
Buy the snowblower you need — not the only snowblower left.
Buy your milk and eggs early and not more than is really necessary.
Most importantly, if you do have extras, save them.
Maybe we can use them to repay China.
Jason Wright is a New York Times best-selling author of 10 books, including "Christmas Jars" and his latest, "The 96th Annual Apple Valley Barn Dance." He can be reached at email@example.com, applevalleybarndance.com or jasonfwright.com
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 59
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13