Steve C Wilson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — Details about Utah Jazz CEO Greg Miller's upcoming appearance on the hit reality TV show "Undercover Boss" have been released.
A CBS news release confirms the episode for 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28, saying that Miller will "attempt to make halftime history" as he works with the Jazz dunk team. "Also," the statement adds, "the boss’ team spirit is put to the test when he is asked to become a human basketball hoop as a member of the Interactive Team."
An image of Miller's disguise was also released, showing him with a dark brown beard, fake teeth, glasses and a Jazz hat, making him unrecognizable at first glance. Whether the costume fooled Miller's own employees remains to be seen.
Miller is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Another Mormon, Sam Taylor, CEO of Oriental Trading Company, was featured on an episode in 2012. At one point in the episode, Taylor and his family were shown around a piano singing a popular Mormon Primary song (“Families Can Be Together Forever”). Taylor, who graduated from Brigham Young University in 1985, currently resides with his family in Omaha, Neb.
Taylor told Omaha.com that he was thankful for an opportunity to be on the show. “You can spend time walking the warehouse floor and talking to the workers, but nothing takes the place of rolling up your sleeves and doing the job alongside your employees.”
- The Clean Cut: Dude Perfect takes on 11 world...
- The Clean Cut: 10-year-old girl performs on...
- The best of summer books for the whole family
- Movie review: Beckinsale showcases classic...
- Why discussions about sex should begin at...
- Dating is a lot of hard work — it...
- The Clean Cut: 6-year-old spells...
- Chris Hicks: Gear up for Memorial Day by...
- Hruska's Kolaches: BYU alumni introduce... 9
- How lab-grown burgers change the... 9
- Study: It is harmless to let babies cry... 5
- Why discussions about sex should begin... 3
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex... 2
- Movie review: Overstuffed 'X-Men:... 2
- Flying with your family is becoming... 2
- Utah family changes course because of... 2