Steve C Wilson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — Details about Utah Jazz CEO Greg Miller's upcoming appearance on the hit reality TV show "Undercover Boss" have been released.
A CBS news release confirms the episode for 7 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28, saying that Miller will "attempt to make halftime history" as he works with the Jazz dunk team. "Also," the statement adds, "the boss’ team spirit is put to the test when he is asked to become a human basketball hoop as a member of the Interactive Team."
An image of Miller's disguise was also released, showing him with a dark brown beard, fake teeth, glasses and a Jazz hat, making him unrecognizable at first glance. Whether the costume fooled Miller's own employees remains to be seen.
Miller is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Another Mormon, Sam Taylor, CEO of Oriental Trading Company, was featured on an episode in 2012. At one point in the episode, Taylor and his family were shown around a piano singing a popular Mormon Primary song (“Families Can Be Together Forever”). Taylor, who graduated from Brigham Young University in 1985, currently resides with his family in Omaha, Neb.
Taylor told Omaha.com that he was thankful for an opportunity to be on the show. “You can spend time walking the warehouse floor and talking to the workers, but nothing takes the place of rolling up your sleeves and doing the job alongside your employees.”
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy with...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing your...
- Where to see dinosaurs in Utah
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 11
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews... 4