Although the U.S has been performing and embracing capitalism and free markets for two centuries, it is not too far ahead of developing economies concerning the personal finances of citizens, but according to Time’s Dan Kadlec you can change that with education.
“Nations that get this right the quickest stand to gain an economic advantage through, among other things, better household debt management and long-term savings,” Kadlec wrote. “That’s worth remembering amid the clamor of critics who view personal finance as largely unlearnable and financial education as a waste of time, and prefer the Big Brother approach of stiffer regulation. I’ll take education and personal choice any time.”
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- Cantwell targets small business loan gender gap
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- It's about time the government... 6
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3