Utes in the NFL: Alex Smith, Eric Weddle pulling for Manning in the Super Bowl
Michael Conroy, AP
At least two former Utes in the NFL are supporting Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL.com interviewed Pro Bowl players Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith and San Diego Chargers safety Eric Weddle in Hawaii about the star quarterback. Both University of Utah graduates expressed their admiration of Manning.
"Look at what he's gone through — from the neck stuff to the Colts letting him go to finding a new home and even having a season like this at his age," Smith told Kinkhabwala. "You can't help but want it for him."
Likewise, Weddle went out of his way to praise Manning.
"I have the utmost respect for him," Weddle said. "He's gracious in defeat, he's gracious when he wins and he shows how to respect your opponent, always."
Smith and Weddle weren't the only Pro Bowlers to support Manning. For more on what these elite players had to say about Manning, read the rest of Kinkhabwala's interviews.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7