Police release identity of 3-year-old killed in Taylorsville crash
TAYLORSVILLE — A 3-year-old child killed in a Saturday night crash was identified Sunday as Zane Thurber of Murray.
The young boy was killed when a pickup truck slammed into a car he was riding in that was stopped at a red light.
The boy was in his car seat at the time and two other people in the car, a 6-year-old boy and the adult male driver, were also injured and remained hospitalized Sunday.
Unified police arrested Manuel de Jesus Guinea, 45, from Kearns, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence.
The five-vehicle chain reaction crash at the intersection of 5400 South and 1300 West happened at 8:32 p.m., but police say they were getting emergency calls just seconds before the rear-end collisions because of the erratic behavior of the pickup truck.
At the scene, the driver attempted to blend in with other people but was detained by bystanders until officers arrived, police said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13