Police release identity of 3-year-old killed in Taylorsville crash
TAYLORSVILLE — A 3-year-old child killed in a Saturday night crash was identified Sunday as Zane Thurber of Murray.
The young boy was killed when a pickup truck slammed into a car he was riding in that was stopped at a red light.
The boy was in his car seat at the time and two other people in the car, a 6-year-old boy and the adult male driver, were also injured and remained hospitalized Sunday.
Unified police arrested Manuel de Jesus Guinea, 45, from Kearns, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence.
The five-vehicle chain reaction crash at the intersection of 5400 South and 1300 West happened at 8:32 p.m., but police say they were getting emergency calls just seconds before the rear-end collisions because of the erratic behavior of the pickup truck.
At the scene, the driver attempted to blend in with other people but was detained by bystanders until officers arrived, police said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16