Police release identity of 3-year-old killed in Taylorsville crash
TAYLORSVILLE — A 3-year-old child killed in a Saturday night crash was identified Sunday as Zane Thurber of Murray.
The young boy was killed when a pickup truck slammed into a car he was riding in that was stopped at a red light.
The boy was in his car seat at the time and two other people in the car, a 6-year-old boy and the adult male driver, were also injured and remained hospitalized Sunday.
Unified police arrested Manuel de Jesus Guinea, 45, from Kearns, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence.
The five-vehicle chain reaction crash at the intersection of 5400 South and 1300 West happened at 8:32 p.m., but police say they were getting emergency calls just seconds before the rear-end collisions because of the erratic behavior of the pickup truck.
At the scene, the driver attempted to blend in with other people but was detained by bystanders until officers arrived, police said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7