Police release identity of 3-year-old killed in Taylorsville crash
TAYLORSVILLE — A 3-year-old child killed in a Saturday night crash was identified Sunday as Zane Thurber of Murray.
The young boy was killed when a pickup truck slammed into a car he was riding in that was stopped at a red light.
The boy was in his car seat at the time and two other people in the car, a 6-year-old boy and the adult male driver, were also injured and remained hospitalized Sunday.
Unified police arrested Manuel de Jesus Guinea, 45, from Kearns, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence.
The five-vehicle chain reaction crash at the intersection of 5400 South and 1300 West happened at 8:32 p.m., but police say they were getting emergency calls just seconds before the rear-end collisions because of the erratic behavior of the pickup truck.
At the scene, the driver attempted to blend in with other people but was detained by bystanders until officers arrived, police said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10