Police release identity of 3-year-old killed in Taylorsville crash
TAYLORSVILLE — A 3-year-old child killed in a Saturday night crash was identified Sunday as Zane Thurber of Murray.
The young boy was killed when a pickup truck slammed into a car he was riding in that was stopped at a red light.
The boy was in his car seat at the time and two other people in the car, a 6-year-old boy and the adult male driver, were also injured and remained hospitalized Sunday.
Unified police arrested Manuel de Jesus Guinea, 45, from Kearns, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence.
The five-vehicle chain reaction crash at the intersection of 5400 South and 1300 West happened at 8:32 p.m., but police say they were getting emergency calls just seconds before the rear-end collisions because of the erratic behavior of the pickup truck.
At the scene, the driver attempted to blend in with other people but was detained by bystanders until officers arrived, police said.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Family frustrated with lack of charges in...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21
- Utah council wants governor, A.G. probe... 18