Police release identity of 3-year-old killed in Taylorsville crash
TAYLORSVILLE — A 3-year-old child killed in a Saturday night crash was identified Sunday as Zane Thurber of Murray.
The young boy was killed when a pickup truck slammed into a car he was riding in that was stopped at a red light.
The boy was in his car seat at the time and two other people in the car, a 6-year-old boy and the adult male driver, were also injured and remained hospitalized Sunday.
Unified police arrested Manuel de Jesus Guinea, 45, from Kearns, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of automobile homicide and driving under the influence.
The five-vehicle chain reaction crash at the intersection of 5400 South and 1300 West happened at 8:32 p.m., but police say they were getting emergency calls just seconds before the rear-end collisions because of the erratic behavior of the pickup truck.
At the scene, the driver attempted to blend in with other people but was detained by bystanders until officers arrived, police said.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Where does Salt Lake City rank among the...
- 41 inmates in Davis County Jail earn high...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Parents look for answers after daughter was...
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 59
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 36
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 17
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11