Photo Gallery: Provo event Run4Philippines aims to aid typhoon victims
Matt Gade, Deseret News
Runners take part in the Run4Philippines 5k and 10k runs to raise funds for Typhoon Haiyan victims on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014 along Center Street in Provo. The event — which also featured food and additional activities — was organized by brothers Chris and Jaron Gallagher, of Alpine, who saw it as a way to unite the community in providing relief to those who lost loved ones and homes in the typhoon. The majority of the proceeds from the event will be given to Globus Relief International, a humanitarian organization focused on improving healthcare delivery.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Second student sues district over... 14