Gerald Lund's new book discusses role of the Spirit in teaching and learning
"IN TUNE: The Role of the Spirit in Teaching and Learning," by Gerald N. Lund, Deseret Book, $21.99, 182 pages (nf)
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, every member is a teacher.
In order to help members teach the gospel more effectively, author Gerald N. Lund has written a new book titled "In Tune: The Role of the Spirit in Teaching and Learning."
"As we teach and minister by the Spirit, the Holy Ghost is invited to become part of the process. When the Holy Ghost is there ... then spiritual experiences naturally result," Lund wrote in the book's final pages. "The Lord has given the responsibility to save His children to teachers. ... The charge is clear. It is specific. It is inspiring. And, gratefully, the Lord blesses us greatly when we strive to carry out his will."
The book, a companion volume to Lund's "Hearing the Voice of the Lord," draws upon Lund's decades of experience as an instructor in the Church Educational System and shares insights on the topic of teaching and learning by the Spirit. Lund addresses common misconceptions, key questions that a teacher should ask himself or herself and the role of the Holy Ghost.
The book's 18 chapters are divided up into four parts: Teaching and learning by the Spirit; the functions of the Holy Ghost; principles of action; and a section titled "More in tune."
Lund taught for 35 years in the Church Educational System and served as a member of the Second Quorum of the Seventy from 2002-08. He is also the author of several books, including the Work and the Glory series, the Kingdom and the Crown trilogy and several other novels and religious titles.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 24 inspiring quotes from President Boyd K....
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders...
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- After Supreme Court marriage decision,...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 67
- Episcopal Church becomes third... 56
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Defending the Faith: Treasures in... 25
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders... 23
- Ten Commandments decision prompts... 18
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- After Supreme Court marriage decision,... 10