Lee Benson, Deseret News
OREM — RC Willey announced Thursday that it will open a new store at the University Mall in Orem.
Targeted to open in the fourth quarter of this year, RC Willey will become an anchor tenant of the mall by remodeling and expanding the space that formerly housed Nordstrom.
“We are thrilled to be moving into a larger and newly designed store to better serve our customers in Utah County,” said Scott Hymas, CEO of RC Willey. “The Woodbury Corporation has exciting plans in place for the University Mall, turning it into a mixed-use development, including retail, office space, a park and outdoor event space, and housing. Another prominent Utah company, Ivory Homes, will be developing the housing portion. University Place, as it will be known, will truly be the center of retail business in Utah County.”
The RC Willey store in the new University Place development will be about 150,000 square feet, making it the second largest in the company. RC Willey also is currently building a new 160,000-square-foot store in Draper. The Draper location will be the largest RC Willey store in the company and is slated to open this spring. As part of the deal, the Woodbury Corporation will take over the existing RC Willey location in Orem.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8