Lee Benson, Deseret News
OREM — RC Willey announced Thursday that it will open a new store at the University Mall in Orem.
Targeted to open in the fourth quarter of this year, RC Willey will become an anchor tenant of the mall by remodeling and expanding the space that formerly housed Nordstrom.
“We are thrilled to be moving into a larger and newly designed store to better serve our customers in Utah County,” said Scott Hymas, CEO of RC Willey. “The Woodbury Corporation has exciting plans in place for the University Mall, turning it into a mixed-use development, including retail, office space, a park and outdoor event space, and housing. Another prominent Utah company, Ivory Homes, will be developing the housing portion. University Place, as it will be known, will truly be the center of retail business in Utah County.”
The RC Willey store in the new University Place development will be about 150,000 square feet, making it the second largest in the company. RC Willey also is currently building a new 160,000-square-foot store in Draper. The Draper location will be the largest RC Willey store in the company and is slated to open this spring. As part of the deal, the Woodbury Corporation will take over the existing RC Willey location in Orem.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16