LDS photographer takes pictures of every Utah Mormon temple in each of the seasons
The photographer uses social media to share and promote his photos, leading to missionary experiences. Some of his photos have received hundreds of Facebook "likes" and have been shared with people around the world.
“A lot of these photos have been shared a couple hundred or multiple times and people can put them on their pages and say, 'Hey, this is a really important, sacred building to me and my religion. Ask me questions about it,'” he said.
The project not only has the potential to strengthen other people’s testimonies, but it has also strengthened the photographer. He said seeing the temples, being on the grounds and researching the sacrifices made for the temples have all benefited him.
Other experiences he’s had have also touched him and made him feel as though someone has guided him. He mentioned a large snowstorm that hit St. George late last year.
“When they get a snowstorm where they haven’t had that much snow in 60-plus years, I kind of have to believe it’s more than coincidence,” he said. “Heavenly Father knows I’m out doing this project and wanting to get it done in a certain amount of time, and I can’t help but know I was definitely blessed with that opportunity to get down there and get that winter photo."
Monson feels blessed and lucky to live so close to so many temples, but he also hopes to expand further someday. If he can, Monson would like to continue the idea of “to everything there is season” beyond Utah to temples throughout the U.S. and even the world.
“However big it would let me go. I think it’d be a cool thing to see,” he said.
Click here to see more of Monson's photos.
Alison Moore is a writer for the Faith and Family sections at DeseretNews.com. She is working toward a bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism and a minor in editing at Brigham Young University.
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- The Clean Cut: Lexi Walker sings Christmas...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 52
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 46
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- Christmas without Jesus 20
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13