What’s the most Godless city in America?
According to a Time magazine article, the metro areas surrounding Providence, R.I., and New Bedford, Mass., are the least Bible-minded city areas in the United States, with much of the Northeast also being ranked low in the recent study by the American Bible Society.
Chattanooga, Tenn., Roanoke, Va., and the greater Birmingham area of Alabama were all ranked in the top three as cities with the highest connection to the Bible.
“We want people to know that whether you live in the least or most Bible-minded cities, the Bible can speak to your needs, challenges and concerns and help you make sense of your life,” said American Bible Society communications officer Geoffrey Morin.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 77
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46