I understand that only two of five Utah voters are registered Republicans. But because of Utah Republican Party rules, neither I nor any other independent voter has any say whatsoever in their caucus elections. Nor can I vote in their primary elections (even though my taxes pay for them). In this unfair way, a red-meat Republican minority keeps a stranglehold on our state government.
I support the Count My Vote petition so the majority of us who are not registered Republicans can have some say in who represents us. It’s only fair.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29