I understand that only two of five Utah voters are registered Republicans. But because of Utah Republican Party rules, neither I nor any other independent voter has any say whatsoever in their caucus elections. Nor can I vote in their primary elections (even though my taxes pay for them). In this unfair way, a red-meat Republican minority keeps a stranglehold on our state government.
I support the Count My Vote petition so the majority of us who are not registered Republicans can have some say in who represents us. It’s only fair.
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- In our opinion: Accountability, expectations...
- Letter: My sons
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: Moral decline 88
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 68
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 57
- In our opinion: Some universities... 46
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25