I understand that only two of five Utah voters are registered Republicans. But because of Utah Republican Party rules, neither I nor any other independent voter has any say whatsoever in their caucus elections. Nor can I vote in their primary elections (even though my taxes pay for them). In this unfair way, a red-meat Republican minority keeps a stranglehold on our state government.
I support the Count My Vote petition so the majority of us who are not registered Republicans can have some say in who represents us. It’s only fair.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 35
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27