I understand that only two of five Utah voters are registered Republicans. But because of Utah Republican Party rules, neither I nor any other independent voter has any say whatsoever in their caucus elections. Nor can I vote in their primary elections (even though my taxes pay for them). In this unfair way, a red-meat Republican minority keeps a stranglehold on our state government.
I support the Count My Vote petition so the majority of us who are not registered Republicans can have some say in who represents us. It’s only fair.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 77
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 40
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32