I understand that only two of five Utah voters are registered Republicans. But because of Utah Republican Party rules, neither I nor any other independent voter has any say whatsoever in their caucus elections. Nor can I vote in their primary elections (even though my taxes pay for them). In this unfair way, a red-meat Republican minority keeps a stranglehold on our state government.
I support the Count My Vote petition so the majority of us who are not registered Republicans can have some say in who represents us. It’s only fair.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30