I am sure the framers of the U.S. Constitution did not, in their wildest dreams, envision a creature called a "career politician." If they had, they would have made a provision for that person to step aside and let another take his place.
Perhaps the oath of office should be changed to include the following:
"I do solemnly swear that I will do everything in my power to ensure my re-election."
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32