I am sure the framers of the U.S. Constitution did not, in their wildest dreams, envision a creature called a "career politician." If they had, they would have made a provision for that person to step aside and let another take his place.
Perhaps the oath of office should be changed to include the following:
"I do solemnly swear that I will do everything in my power to ensure my re-election."
Salt Lake City
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- George F. Will: The Super Bowl's 60 minutes...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 50
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 15
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 11
- Jay Evensen: Drought, political insults... 10