I am sure the framers of the U.S. Constitution did not, in their wildest dreams, envision a creature called a "career politician." If they had, they would have made a provision for that person to step aside and let another take his place.
Perhaps the oath of office should be changed to include the following:
"I do solemnly swear that I will do everything in my power to ensure my re-election."
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Social judges?
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating merits of...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Letter: Social judges? 28
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 27