Utah Jazz: Jazz enjoying one of the calmest stretches of their schedule
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz’s day off Wednesday began a period in which the team only has three games in a 10-day span.
They’re enjoying one of the calmest portions of their schedule, especially because it falls in the longest homestand of the season.
Jazz shooting guard Gordon Hayward said the team is even happy to have more practice time.
“I think it’s a good thing, especially because we’re home,” Hayward said. “Guys banged up are able to get healthier, (you) work on what you need to work on, get some extra shooting in. I think it’s definitely a good thing.”
Hayward is one of the guys who can use some additional R-and-R time to get his left hip flexor fully recovered. Center Derrick Favors didn’t practice Thursday because of his strained right hip abductor.
“I think the practices are beneficial to us right now,” Jazz point guard Trey Burke said, “because we can look back on film and learn from a lot of the mistakes that we made the past two games. It allows us to grow.”
The Jazz lost those two games to the Timberwolves in alarming fashion, shooting a franchise-low 28.8 percent in a 98-72 drubbing at Minnesota on Saturday and falling 112-97 at home to Kevin Love and Co. on Monday.
“Losing,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said, “always worries me.”
The Jazz practice again Friday and finally play again Saturday night at ESA against the Washington Wizards.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 21