SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Labor Commission has warned of a scam involving requirements for employers to display posters in the workplace.
The commission is aware of a solicitation letter sent to employers throughout the state asking them to send a processing fee in order to become compliant with state and federal poster requirements, by offering to sell an “All-In-One” poster to the employer. The commission said it is concerned these notices appear to threaten to penalize employers for not purchasing posters and are thus misleading.
Required workplace posters, which must be displayed in a visible location somewhere in the workplace, are available free of charge.
“It is not unlawful for private companies to make and sell the posters, but it is important for employers to know they can obtain them at no cost if they choose,” Labor Commissioner Sherrie Hayashi said. “I am concerned, however, if private sellers misrepresent themselves by mailing letters or notices to employers which appear to come from a state or federal agency as a means to sell the posters.”
Employers may report any such suspicious letters or calls to the Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection, email@example.com, or by calling 801-530-6601 or 1-800-721-SAFE.
For information about required posters and to download updated versions, visit the Labor Commission’s website, laborcommission.utah.gov.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11