Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students at Hawthorne Elementary School enjoyed story time Thursday and then received a technological boost to bring more stories their way.
Mountain Heights Academy junior high and high school students joined in a statewide effort to celebrate National Reading Day with the children at Hawthorne.
Along with reading to the pupils, Mountain Heights Academy students donated iPods loaded with reading apps to help improve reading skills.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9