Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students at Hawthorne Elementary School enjoyed story time Thursday and then received a technological boost to bring more stories their way.
Mountain Heights Academy junior high and high school students joined in a statewide effort to celebrate National Reading Day with the children at Hawthorne.
Along with reading to the pupils, Mountain Heights Academy students donated iPods loaded with reading apps to help improve reading skills.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 21
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17