Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students at Hawthorne Elementary School enjoyed story time Thursday and then received a technological boost to bring more stories their way.
Mountain Heights Academy junior high and high school students joined in a statewide effort to celebrate National Reading Day with the children at Hawthorne.
Along with reading to the pupils, Mountain Heights Academy students donated iPods loaded with reading apps to help improve reading skills.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- Friends, family, strangers gather at vigil...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 42
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16