Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students at Hawthorne Elementary School enjoyed story time Thursday and then received a technological boost to bring more stories their way.
Mountain Heights Academy junior high and high school students joined in a statewide effort to celebrate National Reading Day with the children at Hawthorne.
Along with reading to the pupils, Mountain Heights Academy students donated iPods loaded with reading apps to help improve reading skills.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17