Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — Students at Hawthorne Elementary School enjoyed story time Thursday and then received a technological boost to bring more stories their way.
Mountain Heights Academy junior high and high school students joined in a statewide effort to celebrate National Reading Day with the children at Hawthorne.
Along with reading to the pupils, Mountain Heights Academy students donated iPods loaded with reading apps to help improve reading skills.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12