MURRAY — Police are looking for a man they say robbed three tanning salons in one night.
Murray police said the man entered European Tan, 5664 S. 900 East, about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, placed a knife on the counter and demanded cash. The man left with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
Police believe the man is the same person who robbed two other tanning businesses in Salt Lake County the same night. Electric Beach, 4132 S. 1785 West, Taylorsville, was robbed at 6:58 p.m., police said. At 7:22 p.m., the man robbed Secret Beach, 4550 S. 900 East, Holladay, where he was seen getting into a silver SUV, according to Unified police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The man is described as Hispanic and in his 20s. He was clean-shaven, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a thin build and short black hair. He was wearing a black baseball hat, a plaid shirt and long shorts or pants, and was carrying a black drawstring backpack, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to contact Murray police at 801-840-4000 or Unified police at 801-743-7000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14