MURRAY — Police are looking for a man they say robbed three tanning salons in one night.
Murray police said the man entered European Tan, 5664 S. 900 East, about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, placed a knife on the counter and demanded cash. The man left with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
Police believe the man is the same person who robbed two other tanning businesses in Salt Lake County the same night. Electric Beach, 4132 S. 1785 West, Taylorsville, was robbed at 6:58 p.m., police said. At 7:22 p.m., the man robbed Secret Beach, 4550 S. 900 East, Holladay, where he was seen getting into a silver SUV, according to Unified police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The man is described as Hispanic and in his 20s. He was clean-shaven, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a thin build and short black hair. He was wearing a black baseball hat, a plaid shirt and long shorts or pants, and was carrying a black drawstring backpack, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to contact Murray police at 801-840-4000 or Unified police at 801-743-7000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- 3 reasons Utah is a great place for students
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19