MURRAY — Police are looking for a man they say robbed three tanning salons in one night.
Murray police said the man entered European Tan, 5664 S. 900 East, about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, placed a knife on the counter and demanded cash. The man left with an undisclosed amount of money, police said.
Police believe the man is the same person who robbed two other tanning businesses in Salt Lake County the same night. Electric Beach, 4132 S. 1785 West, Taylorsville, was robbed at 6:58 p.m., police said. At 7:22 p.m., the man robbed Secret Beach, 4550 S. 900 East, Holladay, where he was seen getting into a silver SUV, according to Unified police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The man is described as Hispanic and in his 20s. He was clean-shaven, approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall, with a thin build and short black hair. He was wearing a black baseball hat, a plaid shirt and long shorts or pants, and was carrying a black drawstring backpack, police said.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to contact Murray police at 801-840-4000 or Unified police at 801-743-7000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8