Utah basketball: Dallin Bachynski excited for another battle with his brother as Utes visit ASU
But he did offer something.
“One thing most people know is that he loves to block shots and he’s extremely good at it.’’ Dallin said. “I need to make sure I do a few shot fakes and also be ready for dump-offs and be a good help when my teammates penetrate.’’
Dallin has progressed a lot since last season when, after a strong start to his initial Ute season, he had some personal issues that resulted in him hardly playing the last part of Utah’s season and not even getting into the game against Arizona State in February. His coach isn’t worried about him making more of Thursday's matchup than he should.
“I think he’s in a pretty good place right now,’’ Krystkowiak said. “He’s come a long way and understands what this is all about. It’s not about anything to put in the scrapbook, besides trying to beat his brother’s team, not to try to beat his brother.’’
GAME NOTES: Renan Lenz, who missed last week’s games with a sprained left ankle, has been practicing this week and is expected to be ready to play in Sunday’s game at Arizona, but not Thursday night’s game. The Utes and Sun Devils will play again on Feb. 23 in Salt Lake. The Bachynskis have a younger sister, Jessica, who used to play basketball for Utah Valley but is now a student at BYU-Idaho. She will be at the February Utah-ASU game, according to Dallin. After Thursday’s game, the Utes will stay in Phoenix for a couple of days before heading down to Tucson Saturday evening to get ready for No. 1-ranked Arizona Sunday at 6 p.m. MST.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34