MURRAY — Police are searching for a woman wanted on a drug-related warrant who fled the scene of an accident Tuesday.
Police say Marcy Riley, 37, was traveling west on I-215 near State Street when she crashed her vehicle shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Dwayne Baird, Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman.
Riley left the accident on foot and was taken by someone she knew to a TRAX station, Baird said. Police were still searching for the woman Wednesday.
The vehicle she was driving was not hers, and investigators believe it may have been stolen, Baird said.
Police are looking to arrest Riley for investigation of fleeing the scene of an accident. She also has a $50,000 warrant for failure to appear in court on charges of possession or use of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, as well as possession of other controlled substances and use or possession of drug paraphernalia, both class B misdemeanors.
Police ask anyone with information about Riley or her whereabouts to call 801-887-3800.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19