MURRAY — Police are searching for a woman wanted on a drug-related warrant who fled the scene of an accident Tuesday.
Police say Marcy Riley, 37, was traveling west on I-215 near State Street when she crashed her vehicle shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Dwayne Baird, Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman.
Riley left the accident on foot and was taken by someone she knew to a TRAX station, Baird said. Police were still searching for the woman Wednesday.
The vehicle she was driving was not hers, and investigators believe it may have been stolen, Baird said.
Police are looking to arrest Riley for investigation of fleeing the scene of an accident. She also has a $50,000 warrant for failure to appear in court on charges of possession or use of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, as well as possession of other controlled substances and use or possession of drug paraphernalia, both class B misdemeanors.
Police ask anyone with information about Riley or her whereabouts to call 801-887-3800.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13