MURRAY — Police are searching for a woman wanted on a drug-related warrant who fled the scene of an accident Tuesday.
Police say Marcy Riley, 37, was traveling west on I-215 near State Street when she crashed her vehicle shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Dwayne Baird, Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman.
Riley left the accident on foot and was taken by someone she knew to a TRAX station, Baird said. Police were still searching for the woman Wednesday.
The vehicle she was driving was not hers, and investigators believe it may have been stolen, Baird said.
Police are looking to arrest Riley for investigation of fleeing the scene of an accident. She also has a $50,000 warrant for failure to appear in court on charges of possession or use of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, as well as possession of other controlled substances and use or possession of drug paraphernalia, both class B misdemeanors.
Police ask anyone with information about Riley or her whereabouts to call 801-887-3800.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22