MURRAY — Police are searching for a woman wanted on a drug-related warrant who fled the scene of an accident Tuesday.
Police say Marcy Riley, 37, was traveling west on I-215 near State Street when she crashed her vehicle shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Dwayne Baird, Utah Department of Public Safety spokesman.
Riley left the accident on foot and was taken by someone she knew to a TRAX station, Baird said. Police were still searching for the woman Wednesday.
The vehicle she was driving was not hers, and investigators believe it may have been stolen, Baird said.
Police are looking to arrest Riley for investigation of fleeing the scene of an accident. She also has a $50,000 warrant for failure to appear in court on charges of possession or use of a controlled substance, a third-degree felony, as well as possession of other controlled substances and use or possession of drug paraphernalia, both class B misdemeanors.
Police ask anyone with information about Riley or her whereabouts to call 801-887-3800.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 16