The Washington Post published an article Jan. 20 that showed how people’s bodies are impacted from too much sitting. Sitting can lead to heart disease, colon cancer and a foggy brain, among other issues, according to a graphic created by The Washington Post.
“We know sitting too much is bad, and most of us intuitively feel a little guilty after a long TV binge. But what exactly goes wrong in our bodies when we park ourselves for nearly eight hours per day, the average for a U.S. adult? Many things, say four experts, who detailed a chain of problems from head to toe,” wrote Bonnie Berkowitz and Patterson Clark for The Washington Post.
- Monkey bars alert: Playground concussions are...
- Snyder expects expanded Medicaid coverage in...
- California raises legal age to buy tobacco...
- Panel: Painkiller training should be required...
- FDA brings e-cigarettes under federal authority
- Your triplets just got even more special
- Do we really need milk?
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Do we really need milk? 22
- California raises legal age to buy... 12
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 12
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 7
- The third leading cause of death in... 6
- Monkey bars alert: Playground... 4
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist... 2
- Sweeping FDA regulations take aim at... 2