Steve Baker, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The city is seeking public input on the creation of a new, citywide signage system for public spaces.
Residents are invited to an open house event on Thursday, Jan. 23, 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre at the Sorenson Unity Center, 1383 S. 900 West.
To enhance the user experience and stewardship of the city's open spaces, Landmark Design Inc. was selected to lead planning and design efforts toward the creation of a comprehensive signage system for the city's parks, natural lands and trails. The purpose of the project is to establish a plan that outlines the signage standards for enhancing the user experience, and then create the design of specific signs for nine sites.
The sites are: Bonneville Shoreline Preserve, Bonneville Shoreline Trail, Ensign Peak Trail, Hidden Hollow Natural Area, H-Rock Open Space, Jordan River Parkway Trail, Miller Park Bird Refuge, Parleys Historic Nature Park and Wasatch Hollow Open Space.
The meeting is the first of three public meetings scheduled during winter and spring 2014 for the public to review progress and provide input on this project. Dates of future meetings and additional information can be found at www.ldi-ut.com/slcsignage.
For signage project-specific questions, contact Lani Kai Eggertsen-Goff at 801-535-6240.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 107
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17