CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK — A new online permit system for Canyonlands National Park is now accepting reservations for all park backcountry permits and Needles District group campsites.
The new system replaces the previous method of faxing or mailing reservation application forms and also offers site availability calendars.
Reservations can be made no more than four months — and no less than two days — in advance for permits for backpacking, four-wheel drive/mountain bike camping (e.g. sites along the White Rim Road), four-wheel drive day use (e.g. Salt/Horse or Lavender canyons), Needles District frontcountry group sites (e.g. Split Top, Wooden Shoe and Squaw Flat), river trips (Cataract Canyon and Flat Water trips).
Slots not reserved in advance will be made available in person at the park’s visitors centers and central reservation office on a first-come, first-served basis. Sites will not be set aside to accommodate these in-person permit requests, so reservations are highly recommended.
Reservations can be made online at canypermits.nps.gov. The Island in the Sky and Needles visitors centers will be closed until March 4. During the closure, permits are only available on a first-come, first-served basis outside the Needles Visitor Center (self-register) or at the reservation office in Moab.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 30
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15