CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK — A new online permit system for Canyonlands National Park is now accepting reservations for all park backcountry permits and Needles District group campsites.
The new system replaces the previous method of faxing or mailing reservation application forms and also offers site availability calendars.
Reservations can be made no more than four months — and no less than two days — in advance for permits for backpacking, four-wheel drive/mountain bike camping (e.g. sites along the White Rim Road), four-wheel drive day use (e.g. Salt/Horse or Lavender canyons), Needles District frontcountry group sites (e.g. Split Top, Wooden Shoe and Squaw Flat), river trips (Cataract Canyon and Flat Water trips).
Slots not reserved in advance will be made available in person at the park’s visitors centers and central reservation office on a first-come, first-served basis. Sites will not be set aside to accommodate these in-person permit requests, so reservations are highly recommended.
Reservations can be made online at canypermits.nps.gov. The Island in the Sky and Needles visitors centers will be closed until March 4. During the closure, permits are only available on a first-come, first-served basis outside the Needles Visitor Center (self-register) or at the reservation office in Moab.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23