CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK — A new online permit system for Canyonlands National Park is now accepting reservations for all park backcountry permits and Needles District group campsites.
The new system replaces the previous method of faxing or mailing reservation application forms and also offers site availability calendars.
Reservations can be made no more than four months — and no less than two days — in advance for permits for backpacking, four-wheel drive/mountain bike camping (e.g. sites along the White Rim Road), four-wheel drive day use (e.g. Salt/Horse or Lavender canyons), Needles District frontcountry group sites (e.g. Split Top, Wooden Shoe and Squaw Flat), river trips (Cataract Canyon and Flat Water trips).
Slots not reserved in advance will be made available in person at the park’s visitors centers and central reservation office on a first-come, first-served basis. Sites will not be set aside to accommodate these in-person permit requests, so reservations are highly recommended.
Reservations can be made online at canypermits.nps.gov. The Island in the Sky and Needles visitors centers will be closed until March 4. During the closure, permits are only available on a first-come, first-served basis outside the Needles Visitor Center (self-register) or at the reservation office in Moab.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35