CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK — A new online permit system for Canyonlands National Park is now accepting reservations for all park backcountry permits and Needles District group campsites.
The new system replaces the previous method of faxing or mailing reservation application forms and also offers site availability calendars.
Reservations can be made no more than four months — and no less than two days — in advance for permits for backpacking, four-wheel drive/mountain bike camping (e.g. sites along the White Rim Road), four-wheel drive day use (e.g. Salt/Horse or Lavender canyons), Needles District frontcountry group sites (e.g. Split Top, Wooden Shoe and Squaw Flat), river trips (Cataract Canyon and Flat Water trips).
Slots not reserved in advance will be made available in person at the park’s visitors centers and central reservation office on a first-come, first-served basis. Sites will not be set aside to accommodate these in-person permit requests, so reservations are highly recommended.
Reservations can be made online at canypermits.nps.gov. The Island in the Sky and Needles visitors centers will be closed until March 4. During the closure, permits are only available on a first-come, first-served basis outside the Needles Visitor Center (self-register) or at the reservation office in Moab.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8