CANYONLANDS NATIONAL PARK — A new online permit system for Canyonlands National Park is now accepting reservations for all park backcountry permits and Needles District group campsites.
The new system replaces the previous method of faxing or mailing reservation application forms and also offers site availability calendars.
Reservations can be made no more than four months — and no less than two days — in advance for permits for backpacking, four-wheel drive/mountain bike camping (e.g. sites along the White Rim Road), four-wheel drive day use (e.g. Salt/Horse or Lavender canyons), Needles District frontcountry group sites (e.g. Split Top, Wooden Shoe and Squaw Flat), river trips (Cataract Canyon and Flat Water trips).
Slots not reserved in advance will be made available in person at the park’s visitors centers and central reservation office on a first-come, first-served basis. Sites will not be set aside to accommodate these in-person permit requests, so reservations are highly recommended.
Reservations can be made online at canypermits.nps.gov. The Island in the Sky and Needles visitors centers will be closed until March 4. During the closure, permits are only available on a first-come, first-served basis outside the Needles Visitor Center (self-register) or at the reservation office in Moab.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14