I was pulling together my tax info while watching the news and I had an epiphany. Since much of the current marriage discussion seems to be focused on the issue of taxes, it seems to me that a simple solution is to change the tax laws. Avoid the whole issue by doing away with the marital status divisions.
I think I speak for single people everywhere who are bearing a higher level of the tax burden. It seems only fair that we not be penalized for something beyond our control. Perhaps the deductible for children could be expanded to make up some of the difference. In fact the more I think about it the better it sounds.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26