I was pulling together my tax info while watching the news and I had an epiphany. Since much of the current marriage discussion seems to be focused on the issue of taxes, it seems to me that a simple solution is to change the tax laws. Avoid the whole issue by doing away with the marital status divisions.
I think I speak for single people everywhere who are bearing a higher level of the tax burden. It seems only fair that we not be penalized for something beyond our control. Perhaps the deductible for children could be expanded to make up some of the difference. In fact the more I think about it the better it sounds.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 47
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 47
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37