I was pulling together my tax info while watching the news and I had an epiphany. Since much of the current marriage discussion seems to be focused on the issue of taxes, it seems to me that a simple solution is to change the tax laws. Avoid the whole issue by doing away with the marital status divisions.
I think I speak for single people everywhere who are bearing a higher level of the tax burden. It seems only fair that we not be penalized for something beyond our control. Perhaps the deductible for children could be expanded to make up some of the difference. In fact the more I think about it the better it sounds.
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence suggests...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of Catholic...
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a...
- My view: Have we crippled our kids with a...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Politicos...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Whatever happened to the...
- Letter: Good Samaritan
- In our opinion: Trump unmatched as a... 69
- In our opinion: Mounting evidence... 39
- George F. Will: The low depths of... 27
- Letter: Good Samaritan 22
- In our opinion: U.S. Conference of... 20
- Letter: Inversion concerns 19
- My view: Keystone Pipeline not in... 17
- A. Scott Anderson: Inversions will... 16