I was pulling together my tax info while watching the news and I had an epiphany. Since much of the current marriage discussion seems to be focused on the issue of taxes, it seems to me that a simple solution is to change the tax laws. Avoid the whole issue by doing away with the marital status divisions.
I think I speak for single people everywhere who are bearing a higher level of the tax burden. It seems only fair that we not be penalized for something beyond our control. Perhaps the deductible for children could be expanded to make up some of the difference. In fact the more I think about it the better it sounds.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 73
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 38
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35