I was pulling together my tax info while watching the news and I had an epiphany. Since much of the current marriage discussion seems to be focused on the issue of taxes, it seems to me that a simple solution is to change the tax laws. Avoid the whole issue by doing away with the marital status divisions.
I think I speak for single people everywhere who are bearing a higher level of the tax burden. It seems only fair that we not be penalized for something beyond our control. Perhaps the deductible for children could be expanded to make up some of the difference. In fact the more I think about it the better it sounds.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 43
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13