Funerals set for family killed in quadruple murder-suicide
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SPANISH FORK — A mother, her two children and her own mother — all shot and killed in their Spanish Fork home — will be laid to rest Wednesday.
A single funeral service is scheduled to be held for Kelly Boren, 32, Joshua "Jaden," 7, Haley, 5, and Kelly Boren's mother, Marie King, 55, at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lindquist Mortuary, 1878 N. Fairfield Road, in Layton.
Police believe the four were shot and killed by Kelly Boren's estranged husband, Joshua Boren, 34, a Lindon police officer. The couple were having marital problems, according to friends and family members, and Josh Boren had moved into his own apartment in September.
Funeral services for Josh Boren, who committed suicide, will be held Thursday at the Spanish Fork River Stake Center, 452 W 550 South.
Several friends have said that while his final act was tragic, they wish to remember the good things he did while he was alive.
Boren worked for several years with the Utah County Sheriff's Office before recently being hired by Lindon police. Deputies who attend the funeral have been instructed not to wear their police uniforms or attend in an official capacity.
Spanish Fork police, who are investigating the deaths, completed collecting evidence from the Boren house on Saturday, but had not released any new information about the case as of Tuesday.
— Pat Reavy
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Canceled Utah race renews fears of shrinking...
- Is report on building prison in Draper...
- About Utah: Thousands served by one good idea
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Doug Robinson: Gifts of life bring joy to 2...
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 84
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 52
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 45
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 33
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 30
- Mike Lee pushes forward with plan for... 15
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 13
- Mural on side of restaurant violates... 12