Funerals set for family killed in quadruple murder-suicide
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SPANISH FORK — A mother, her two children and her own mother — all shot and killed in their Spanish Fork home — will be laid to rest Wednesday.
A single funeral service is scheduled to be held for Kelly Boren, 32, Joshua "Jaden," 7, Haley, 5, and Kelly Boren's mother, Marie King, 55, at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lindquist Mortuary, 1878 N. Fairfield Road, in Layton.
Police believe the four were shot and killed by Kelly Boren's estranged husband, Joshua Boren, 34, a Lindon police officer. The couple were having marital problems, according to friends and family members, and Josh Boren had moved into his own apartment in September.
Funeral services for Josh Boren, who committed suicide, will be held Thursday at the Spanish Fork River Stake Center, 452 W 550 South.
Several friends have said that while his final act was tragic, they wish to remember the good things he did while he was alive.
Boren worked for several years with the Utah County Sheriff's Office before recently being hired by Lindon police. Deputies who attend the funeral have been instructed not to wear their police uniforms or attend in an official capacity.
Spanish Fork police, who are investigating the deaths, completed collecting evidence from the Boren house on Saturday, but had not released any new information about the case as of Tuesday.
— Pat Reavy
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 143
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 36
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 24
- Business community supports tax... 22