Funerals set for family killed in quadruple murder-suicide
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SPANISH FORK — A mother, her two children and her own mother — all shot and killed in their Spanish Fork home — will be laid to rest Wednesday.
A single funeral service is scheduled to be held for Kelly Boren, 32, Joshua "Jaden," 7, Haley, 5, and Kelly Boren's mother, Marie King, 55, at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lindquist Mortuary, 1878 N. Fairfield Road, in Layton.
Police believe the four were shot and killed by Kelly Boren's estranged husband, Joshua Boren, 34, a Lindon police officer. The couple were having marital problems, according to friends and family members, and Josh Boren had moved into his own apartment in September.
Funeral services for Josh Boren, who committed suicide, will be held Thursday at the Spanish Fork River Stake Center, 452 W 550 South.
Several friends have said that while his final act was tragic, they wish to remember the good things he did while he was alive.
Boren worked for several years with the Utah County Sheriff's Office before recently being hired by Lindon police. Deputies who attend the funeral have been instructed not to wear their police uniforms or attend in an official capacity.
Spanish Fork police, who are investigating the deaths, completed collecting evidence from the Boren house on Saturday, but had not released any new information about the case as of Tuesday.
— Pat Reavy
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Mother and son charged in drive-by shooting...
- Salt Lake County lands on Top 10 list of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Utah family into film, acting, directing and...
- New poll shows more support for Sen. Mike Lee
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 88
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 47
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 42
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 31
- Granite School District reaches... 22
- New poll shows more support for Sen.... 20