Westminster basketball: Griffins climb to No. 3 in Coaches Poll
For the second time in school history, the Westminster College women’s basketball team is ranked No. 3 in the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches Top 25 Poll. Westminster moved up one position in this week’s poll that was released by the national office Tuesday.
Westminster, which had been ranked No. 4 in three-straight polls, received 230 points to move up to the No. 3 position. The Griffins are 12-2 on the season, including an unblemished 6-0 mark in the Frontier Conference. Paced by NAIA-leader Alli Winters, Westminster leads the nation in 3-point field goal percentage. The Griffins have been ranked inside the top 5 for a 17th consecutive poll dating back to last season. This is the first time they have been at No. 3 since Feb. 19, 2013, and it is the highest ranking in school history.
Westminster will be in action twice this week with home games versus Rocky Mountain on Thursday before facing No. 14 Lewis-Clark State on Saturday. Both games will tip at 5:30 p.m. MST from the Behnken Field House.
Vanguard once again sits atop the poll. The Lions accumulated eight first-place votes and 249 total points to earn their fifth-straight and 33rd all-time No. 1 ranking dating back to the 1999-2000 season.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19