Westminster basketball: Griffins climb to No. 3 in Coaches Poll
For the second time in school history, the Westminster College women’s basketball team is ranked No. 3 in the NAIA Division I Women’s Basketball Coaches Top 25 Poll. Westminster moved up one position in this week’s poll that was released by the national office Tuesday.
Westminster, which had been ranked No. 4 in three-straight polls, received 230 points to move up to the No. 3 position. The Griffins are 12-2 on the season, including an unblemished 6-0 mark in the Frontier Conference. Paced by NAIA-leader Alli Winters, Westminster leads the nation in 3-point field goal percentage. The Griffins have been ranked inside the top 5 for a 17th consecutive poll dating back to last season. This is the first time they have been at No. 3 since Feb. 19, 2013, and it is the highest ranking in school history.
Westminster will be in action twice this week with home games versus Rocky Mountain on Thursday before facing No. 14 Lewis-Clark State on Saturday. Both games will tip at 5:30 p.m. MST from the Behnken Field House.
Vanguard once again sits atop the poll. The Lions accumulated eight first-place votes and 249 total points to earn their fifth-straight and 33rd all-time No. 1 ranking dating back to the 1999-2000 season.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the latest...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 66
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 19