Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students got a kick out of learning about money along with a player and coach from Real Salt Lake.
Utah Treasurer Richard Ellis, and Real Salt Lake coach Jeff Cassar and midfielder Sebastian Velasquez joined Visa Inc. to announce the launch of Financial Soccer 2014, a free, FIFA World Cup-themed educational video game designed to teach students and adults the fundamentals of personal finance.
They announced a nationwide effort led by Utah to improve the money management skills of high school and middle school students.
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- Financial interventions don't work
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 29
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Financial interventions don't work 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2