Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students got a kick out of learning about money along with a player and coach from Real Salt Lake.
Utah Treasurer Richard Ellis, and Real Salt Lake coach Jeff Cassar and midfielder Sebastian Velasquez joined Visa Inc. to announce the launch of Financial Soccer 2014, a free, FIFA World Cup-themed educational video game designed to teach students and adults the fundamentals of personal finance.
They announced a nationwide effort led by Utah to improve the money management skills of high school and middle school students.
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality
- Driving forces: When buying a new car is...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- 'Deseret News National Edition' looks at CPAC...
- Renovation Solutions: The power of color choice
- Dwindling pensions still swindling funds from...
- Is Comcast-Time Warner merger creating a...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 13
- Dwindling pensions still swindling... 12
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11
- High steaks: Beef prices mooove up 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US... 1
- Is Comcast-Time Warner merger creating... 1