, Deseret News
PROVO — The Provo Recreation Center is hosting its first Adaptive Program recreation kickoff for people with disabilities on Friday, Feb. 21.
The event will be held from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the recreation center, 320 W. 500 North. It will feature the Provo Parks and Recreation Department bringing adaptive sports, art, fitness and fun for the family.
There will be presentations on wheelchair basketball, painting with a brush in the mouth, as well as goalball, a soccer-like sport for the blind.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12