SALT LAKE CITY — A Draper man was hit and killed by a vehicle after walking onto I-15 early Tuesday.
Christopher L. Vass, 19, was hit after he walked onto the freeway near 13400 South just before 3 a.m. for an unknown reason.
Vass, who was wearing dark clothing, was struck by a Ford Focus, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce. The driver was not cited.
Investigators were checking Tuesday to determine if Vass was the subject a welfare check call made to Draper police earlier that evening. Officers were called to a house and told that a man living there had threatened to take his life. Police were trying to determine Tuesday if that person was Vass.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15