SALT LAKE CITY — A Draper man was hit and killed by a vehicle after walking onto I-15 early Tuesday.
Christopher L. Vass, 19, was hit after he walked onto the freeway near 13400 South just before 3 a.m. for an unknown reason.
Vass, who was wearing dark clothing, was struck by a Ford Focus, said Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce. The driver was not cited.
Investigators were checking Tuesday to determine if Vass was the subject a welfare check call made to Draper police earlier that evening. Officers were called to a house and told that a man living there had threatened to take his life. Police were trying to determine Tuesday if that person was Vass.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Christmas I Remember Best: 'All this, and...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11