BLANDING — San Juan County sheriff's deputies arrested a man Monday accused of beating his wife and kidnapping her and their teenage son.
Dwayne Taylor Rowland, 45, was driving south in the Blanding area when he was stopped at 11:40 a.m. Monday by the San Juan County Sheriff's Office and the Blanding Police Department. He was wanted by the Bountiful Police Department for suspected kidnapping.
A family member reported Dwayne Taylor Rowland's wife and son missing just before midnight Sunday, Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said.
Police say Rowland's wife was able to call and send a text message to her mother in Price at 9:54 a.m. Monday, communicating that she was in the Moab/Green River area and that her estranged husband had attacked and abducted her.
San Juan County and Grand County dispatchers passed on information and a vehicle description to law enforcement agencies in Utah, New Mexico and Colorado, according to Edwards.
Rowland was arrested without incident and has been booked into San Juan County Jail pending transportation to Davis County for investigation of kidnapping and domestic violence.
Rowland's wife and child in the car were taken into protective custody. Police say the woman was treated for assault injuries, and the son was unharmed.
— Madeleine Brown
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- Police investigating shooting death in SLC
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Romney says climate change presents a... 35
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 21
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18