BLANDING — San Juan County sheriff's deputies arrested a man Monday accused of beating his wife and kidnapping her and their teenage son.
Dwayne Taylor Rowland, 45, was driving south in the Blanding area when he was stopped at 11:40 a.m. Monday by the San Juan County Sheriff's Office and the Blanding Police Department. He was wanted by the Bountiful Police Department for suspected kidnapping.
A family member reported Dwayne Taylor Rowland's wife and son missing just before midnight Sunday, Bountiful Police Lt. Dave Edwards said.
Police say Rowland's wife was able to call and send a text message to her mother in Price at 9:54 a.m. Monday, communicating that she was in the Moab/Green River area and that her estranged husband had attacked and abducted her.
San Juan County and Grand County dispatchers passed on information and a vehicle description to law enforcement agencies in Utah, New Mexico and Colorado, according to Edwards.
Rowland was arrested without incident and has been booked into San Juan County Jail pending transportation to Davis County for investigation of kidnapping and domestic violence.
Rowland's wife and child in the car were taken into protective custody. Police say the woman was treated for assault injuries, and the son was unharmed.
— Madeleine Brown
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Brother, sister hugged each other as they...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 21
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8