"Straight from the heart" was how Jeff King put it. "Every time you saw him, he'd just run up, 'Grandpa!,' jump in your lap and give you a big old hug."
Haley was just like Kelly Boren as a child, he said.
"She was just the cutest little girl that you'd ever care to see," Jeff King said. "Bossy, sassy poor little boys didn't have a chance. She'd drag them around, make them do everything at her beck and call."
Kelly Boren was always social and outgoing, her father said. In an airport at age 4, she pulled together around a dozen children to play with in 20 minutes. Since her death, friends from every place she has lived have reached out to him.
"I'm amazed at how many friends she had," Jeff King said. "People loved her and remembered her forever. She cared about everybody. She would go so out of her way just to make people happy and put a smile on their face."
He said Kelly Boren was also always the social director of her family. She planned trips to Yellowstone and Goblin Valley State Park. For this past weekend, she had planned a trip to see the ice castles in Midway.
He can only imagine that Haley would have wanted to dress as a princess for the outing. Instead, he brought a tiara to Lindquist Mortuary on Fairfield Road to bury her in.
"Trying to arrange the funeral of four people," Jeff King said. "It's three generations all in one shot."
With sleep "no longer an option," Jeff King said the planning has at least filled up the time.
The last thing he said was more of a plea for his daughter.
"Somehow you've got to spread the word of how wonderful she was."
Funeral services for Kelly Boren, her two children, and her mother, Marie King, are scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lindquist Mortuary, 1878 N. Fairfield Road. A viewing will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- 13-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with police...
- Skiers celebrate snow and opening of Park...
- Alcohol use suspected in Uintah County crash...
- AF High Band performs with borrowed...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 48
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 27
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 16
- Firing squads could be legal again in Utah 16