"Straight from the heart" was how Jeff King put it. "Every time you saw him, he'd just run up, 'Grandpa!,' jump in your lap and give you a big old hug."
Haley was just like Kelly Boren as a child, he said.
"She was just the cutest little girl that you'd ever care to see," Jeff King said. "Bossy, sassy poor little boys didn't have a chance. She'd drag them around, make them do everything at her beck and call."
Kelly Boren was always social and outgoing, her father said. In an airport at age 4, she pulled together around a dozen children to play with in 20 minutes. Since her death, friends from every place she has lived have reached out to him.
"I'm amazed at how many friends she had," Jeff King said. "People loved her and remembered her forever. She cared about everybody. She would go so out of her way just to make people happy and put a smile on their face."
He said Kelly Boren was also always the social director of her family. She planned trips to Yellowstone and Goblin Valley State Park. For this past weekend, she had planned a trip to see the ice castles in Midway.
He can only imagine that Haley would have wanted to dress as a princess for the outing. Instead, he brought a tiara to Lindquist Mortuary on Fairfield Road to bury her in.
"Trying to arrange the funeral of four people," Jeff King said. "It's three generations all in one shot."
With sleep "no longer an option," Jeff King said the planning has at least filled up the time.
The last thing he said was more of a plea for his daughter.
"Somehow you've got to spread the word of how wonderful she was."
Funeral services for Kelly Boren, her two children, and her mother, Marie King, are scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lindquist Mortuary, 1878 N. Fairfield Road. A viewing will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, Utah's first and only female...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Utahns urged to shift spending during Small...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 9
- Olene Walker, Utah's first and only... 9
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- New barriers, other security measures... 5