Big Apple bound: 2 Aggies, a Ute and a Wildcat are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII
Elaine Thompson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Frank Sinatra so eloquently sang about the historic city more than three decades ago, and now four NFL players with Utah ties will "be a part of it" when Super Bowl XLVIII hits New York in a couple of weeks.
Sunday's NFC and AFC championship games lived up to the hype as Denver and Peyton Manning knocked out Tom Brady and New England, 26-16, in the AFC title game. In the NFC, the Seahawks found a way to rally past division rival San Francisco, winning 23-17 in Seattle.
That sets the stage for two former Utah State players, as well as a Ute and a Wildcat, to play in this year's Super Bowl, to be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19