Big Apple bound: 2 Aggies, a Ute and a Wildcat are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII
Elaine Thompson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Frank Sinatra so eloquently sang about the historic city more than three decades ago, and now four NFL players with Utah ties will "be a part of it" when Super Bowl XLVIII hits New York in a couple of weeks.
Sunday's NFC and AFC championship games lived up to the hype as Denver and Peyton Manning knocked out Tom Brady and New England, 26-16, in the AFC title game. In the NFC, the Seahawks found a way to rally past division rival San Francisco, winning 23-17 in Seattle.
That sets the stage for two former Utah State players, as well as a Ute and a Wildcat, to play in this year's Super Bowl, to be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 123
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33