Big Apple bound: 2 Aggies, a Ute and a Wildcat are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII
Elaine Thompson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Frank Sinatra so eloquently sang about the historic city more than three decades ago, and now four NFL players with Utah ties will "be a part of it" when Super Bowl XLVIII hits New York in a couple of weeks.
Sunday's NFC and AFC championship games lived up to the hype as Denver and Peyton Manning knocked out Tom Brady and New England, 26-16, in the AFC title game. In the NFC, the Seahawks found a way to rally past division rival San Francisco, winning 23-17 in Seattle.
That sets the stage for two former Utah State players, as well as a Ute and a Wildcat, to play in this year's Super Bowl, to be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6