Big Apple bound: 2 Aggies, a Ute and a Wildcat are headed to Super Bowl XLVIII
Elaine Thompson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Frank Sinatra so eloquently sang about the historic city more than three decades ago, and now four NFL players with Utah ties will "be a part of it" when Super Bowl XLVIII hits New York in a couple of weeks.
Sunday's NFC and AFC championship games lived up to the hype as Denver and Peyton Manning knocked out Tom Brady and New England, 26-16, in the AFC title game. In the NFC, the Seahawks found a way to rally past division rival San Francisco, winning 23-17 in Seattle.
That sets the stage for two former Utah State players, as well as a Ute and a Wildcat, to play in this year's Super Bowl, to be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34