Missing Utah car found in California with body in trunk
SAN DIEGO — The car of a former Utah man missing since Christmas Eve has reportedly been found, as well as the decomposing body of a 24-year-old man in the trunk, according to the San Diego Union Tribune.
On Dec. 24, former Utah County residents Salvatore Belvedere, 22, and Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, were shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego, police said. Flint was pronounced dead the scene. Belvedere died a few days later.
Gianni Belvedere, 24, Salvatore's brother and Flint's boyfriend, was reportedly with the other two that night but has not been seen since the shootings. San Diego police issued a missing person's bulletin, offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information that would help them find him.
The San Diego Union Tribune is reporting that Gianni Belvedere's missing 2004 dark green Toyota Camry was found in a strip mall parking lot in Riverside, Calif., on Friday. The newspaper also reported that the Riverside County Coroner's Office was reporting a body found in the trunk was that of a 24-year-old man who was the victim of a homicide. The victim's name had not been released as of Sunday.
A call to the San Diego Police Department was not returned Sunday.
The Belvedere brothers and Flint grew up in Utah County and all met while attending the Walden School of Liberal Arts in Provo. The Belvederes moved to San Diego in 2011, and Flint went with them.
When the two were shot, they were reportedly Christmas shopping. They were found inside a car in the parking lot of a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for holiday shoppers.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Utahns react to death of former Salt Lake...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- House leaders counter Healthy Utah, question...
- Hearing begins to determine fate of teen...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 55
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 39
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 27
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 19
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 18
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina,... 12