Missing Utah car found in California with body in trunk
SAN DIEGO — The car of a former Utah man missing since Christmas Eve has reportedly been found, as well as the decomposing body of a 24-year-old man in the trunk, according to the San Diego Union Tribune.
On Dec. 24, former Utah County residents Salvatore Belvedere, 22, and Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, were shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego, police said. Flint was pronounced dead the scene. Belvedere died a few days later.
Gianni Belvedere, 24, Salvatore's brother and Flint's boyfriend, was reportedly with the other two that night but has not been seen since the shootings. San Diego police issued a missing person's bulletin, offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information that would help them find him.
The San Diego Union Tribune is reporting that Gianni Belvedere's missing 2004 dark green Toyota Camry was found in a strip mall parking lot in Riverside, Calif., on Friday. The newspaper also reported that the Riverside County Coroner's Office was reporting a body found in the trunk was that of a 24-year-old man who was the victim of a homicide. The victim's name had not been released as of Sunday.
A call to the San Diego Police Department was not returned Sunday.
The Belvedere brothers and Flint grew up in Utah County and all met while attending the Walden School of Liberal Arts in Provo. The Belvederes moved to San Diego in 2011, and Flint went with them.
When the two were shot, they were reportedly Christmas shopping. They were found inside a car in the parking lot of a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for holiday shoppers.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15