BYU track: Whaley scales the leader boards at Lobo Collegiate
Deezbaa Whaley led the women’s track and field team to success Saturday at the Lobo Collegiate Invitational.
“The weight throw was our best event today,” BYU throws coach Niklas Arrhenius said. “This is a personal record for Whaley and we know that she can throw even farther.”
Whaley’s mark of 18.62m was good enough to earn her third place on the BYU indoor top ten all-time leader board.
BYU dominated most of the events Saturday, with five first place finishes. Allysa Hansen won the 600m race with a time of 1:34.23. Angela Shields was successful in the 400m race earning first place with a time of 57.29.
Freshman Shea Martinez ran her first race in her BYU uniform and remains undefeated in her BYU career with her win in the 800m and a time of 2:09.29.
“It was a nice outing overall for us,” BYU head coach Ed Eyestone said.
The Cougars will be on the road again Jan. 24 at the Washington Invitational in Seattle.
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Photo gallery: BYU spring football scrimmage...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU track: Tingey, Harriott, Adams and Walker...
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night... 13
- NCAA 'service work' has been... 7
- Utah’s Wright, BYU’s... 6
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony... 6