Utah Jazz: Worst shooting game in franchise history dooms Jazz in Minnesota
Shooting guard Alec Burks, again starting for injured Gordon Hayward, was the only Jazz player to reach double figures in scoring. He had 18 points but on 4-of-10 shooting.
On a night when 12 different guys saw time — everyone but Hayward and Andris Biedrins — not one single Jazz player hit half of his shots. Bonus points to rookie center Rudy Gobert, who didn’t attempt a field goal but made both free throws for his first points since Dec. 6.
Utah’s starters combined to make 11 of 41 shots as the team dropped to 14-28 overall.
Center Nikola Pekovic led the T-Wolves to their first win over Utah in two seasons, snapping the Jazz’s five-game streak, with 27 points and 14 rebounds. Minnesota’s duo of Kevins also had a big night, with Martin scoring 20 points and Love contributing 18 points and 13 rebounds.
The only thing Minnesota (19-21) did wrong on the night was not score on its final possession to prevent fans from getting free frozen yogurt for a 100-point game.
“Maybe our legs were a little tired, but you can’t make excuses about that,” Williams said as the Jazz ended their road trip 1-2. “You’ve got to go out there and compete every night. Give Minnesota credit. They played (Friday) night and they came back and protected their home court. We’re going to try to do the same thing on Tuesday."
Don't worry, Jazz fans. He was referring to doing what the T-Wolves did, not giving a repeat performance of Utah's 21-of-73 shooting night.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18