Utah Jazz: Worst shooting game in franchise history dooms Jazz in Minnesota
Shooting guard Alec Burks, again starting for injured Gordon Hayward, was the only Jazz player to reach double figures in scoring. He had 18 points but on 4-of-10 shooting.
On a night when 12 different guys saw time — everyone but Hayward and Andris Biedrins — not one single Jazz player hit half of his shots. Bonus points to rookie center Rudy Gobert, who didn’t attempt a field goal but made both free throws for his first points since Dec. 6.
Utah’s starters combined to make 11 of 41 shots as the team dropped to 14-28 overall.
Center Nikola Pekovic led the T-Wolves to their first win over Utah in two seasons, snapping the Jazz’s five-game streak, with 27 points and 14 rebounds. Minnesota’s duo of Kevins also had a big night, with Martin scoring 20 points and Love contributing 18 points and 13 rebounds.
The only thing Minnesota (19-21) did wrong on the night was not score on its final possession to prevent fans from getting free frozen yogurt for a 100-point game.
“Maybe our legs were a little tired, but you can’t make excuses about that,” Williams said as the Jazz ended their road trip 1-2. “You’ve got to go out there and compete every night. Give Minnesota credit. They played (Friday) night and they came back and protected their home court. We’re going to try to do the same thing on Tuesday."
Don't worry, Jazz fans. He was referring to doing what the T-Wolves did, not giving a repeat performance of Utah's 21-of-73 shooting night.
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- Stafford throws 5 TDs, BYU alum Ansah picks...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 58
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 51
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 28
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 27