Utah Jazz: Worst shooting game in franchise history dooms Jazz in Minnesota
Shooting guard Alec Burks, again starting for injured Gordon Hayward, was the only Jazz player to reach double figures in scoring. He had 18 points but on 4-of-10 shooting.
On a night when 12 different guys saw time — everyone but Hayward and Andris Biedrins — not one single Jazz player hit half of his shots. Bonus points to rookie center Rudy Gobert, who didn’t attempt a field goal but made both free throws for his first points since Dec. 6.
Utah’s starters combined to make 11 of 41 shots as the team dropped to 14-28 overall.
Center Nikola Pekovic led the T-Wolves to their first win over Utah in two seasons, snapping the Jazz’s five-game streak, with 27 points and 14 rebounds. Minnesota’s duo of Kevins also had a big night, with Martin scoring 20 points and Love contributing 18 points and 13 rebounds.
The only thing Minnesota (19-21) did wrong on the night was not score on its final possession to prevent fans from getting free frozen yogurt for a 100-point game.
“Maybe our legs were a little tired, but you can’t make excuses about that,” Williams said as the Jazz ended their road trip 1-2. “You’ve got to go out there and compete every night. Give Minnesota credit. They played (Friday) night and they came back and protected their home court. We’re going to try to do the same thing on Tuesday."
Don't worry, Jazz fans. He was referring to doing what the T-Wolves did, not giving a repeat performance of Utah's 21-of-73 shooting night.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 44
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 40
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 33
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21