MINNEAPOLIS — The Utah Jazz are without their leading scorer once again.
For the fifth consecutive game, shooting guard Gordon Hayward will be sidelined with a left hip flexor injury.
Alec Burks will again start for Hayward. Even with his quiet six-point night in Friday’s 110-89 win at Detroit, Burks has averaged 19.0 points while filling in for Hayward the past four games.
Hayward (17.1 ppg) took to the court an hour and half before tonight’s tipoff against Minnesota to test his hip, but the muscle strain has not fully healed so he was again scratched from the lineup after being a game-time decision.
“It can be a thing that can linger if you don’t take care of it,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “We want to make sure that we get it taken care of now and not have it linger for a long period of time.”
The Jazz have two full days off before playing the T-Wolves again in Utah on Tuesday.
Utah enters this contest at the Target Center on a five-game winning streak against Minnesota. The T-Wolves (18-21) have lost three in a row and four of five overall.
The Jazz (14-27) have gone 2-2 in Hayward’s absence. This is the final stop on a three-game road trip.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU upsets Texas, Cougars will play for...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 51
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 49
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 29