MINNEAPOLIS — The Utah Jazz are without their leading scorer once again.
For the fifth consecutive game, shooting guard Gordon Hayward will be sidelined with a left hip flexor injury.
Alec Burks will again start for Hayward. Even with his quiet six-point night in Friday’s 110-89 win at Detroit, Burks has averaged 19.0 points while filling in for Hayward the past four games.
Hayward (17.1 ppg) took to the court an hour and half before tonight’s tipoff against Minnesota to test his hip, but the muscle strain has not fully healed so he was again scratched from the lineup after being a game-time decision.
“It can be a thing that can linger if you don’t take care of it,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “We want to make sure that we get it taken care of now and not have it linger for a long period of time.”
The Jazz have two full days off before playing the T-Wolves again in Utah on Tuesday.
Utah enters this contest at the Target Center on a five-game winning streak against Minnesota. The T-Wolves (18-21) have lost three in a row and four of five overall.
The Jazz (14-27) have gone 2-2 in Hayward’s absence. This is the final stop on a three-game road trip.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 92
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 33
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14