MINNEAPOLIS — The Utah Jazz are without their leading scorer once again.
For the fifth consecutive game, shooting guard Gordon Hayward will be sidelined with a left hip flexor injury.
Alec Burks will again start for Hayward. Even with his quiet six-point night in Friday’s 110-89 win at Detroit, Burks has averaged 19.0 points while filling in for Hayward the past four games.
Hayward (17.1 ppg) took to the court an hour and half before tonight’s tipoff against Minnesota to test his hip, but the muscle strain has not fully healed so he was again scratched from the lineup after being a game-time decision.
“It can be a thing that can linger if you don’t take care of it,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “We want to make sure that we get it taken care of now and not have it linger for a long period of time.”
The Jazz have two full days off before playing the T-Wolves again in Utah on Tuesday.
Utah enters this contest at the Target Center on a five-game winning streak against Minnesota. The T-Wolves (18-21) have lost three in a row and four of five overall.
The Jazz (14-27) have gone 2-2 in Hayward’s absence. This is the final stop on a three-game road trip.
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 56
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 44
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 16