MINNEAPOLIS — The Utah Jazz are without their leading scorer once again.
For the fifth consecutive game, shooting guard Gordon Hayward will be sidelined with a left hip flexor injury.
Alec Burks will again start for Hayward. Even with his quiet six-point night in Friday’s 110-89 win at Detroit, Burks has averaged 19.0 points while filling in for Hayward the past four games.
Hayward (17.1 ppg) took to the court an hour and half before tonight’s tipoff against Minnesota to test his hip, but the muscle strain has not fully healed so he was again scratched from the lineup after being a game-time decision.
“It can be a thing that can linger if you don’t take care of it,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “We want to make sure that we get it taken care of now and not have it linger for a long period of time.”
The Jazz have two full days off before playing the T-Wolves again in Utah on Tuesday.
Utah enters this contest at the Target Center on a five-game winning streak against Minnesota. The T-Wolves (18-21) have lost three in a row and four of five overall.
The Jazz (14-27) have gone 2-2 in Hayward’s absence. This is the final stop on a three-game road trip.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16