UVU track: Utah Valley continues indoor seasons Saturday at Idaho State
The Utah Valley University track and field teams will continue their indoor seasons Saturday at Idaho State's Snake River Open in Pocatello, Idaho. The one-day meet will take place at ISU's Holt Arena.
Saturday's meet will start with the men's weight throw at 10:30 a.m. The 60-meter hurdles will then kick off the running events at noon. The meet is slated to conclude following the 4x400m relay that will begin at 4 p.m. To view the entire schedule of events visit ISU Bengals website. Live results will also be available.
The Wolverines will be looking to continue their early season success after having a big meet at BYU last weekend. UVU shattered seven school records at the BYU Invitational, and Michael McPherson led the way by breaking three himself. McPherson not only set a new men's heptathlon record by placing second in the event with 5,432 points, but he also broke school records in the long jump (24-0.25) and the 1000m (2:45.74). McPherson's big performance in the heptathlon currently ranks him fourth in the nation in the event.
McPherson along with teammates Cole Eisenhour, Lauren Hicks and Brooke Hodson-Davies swept the first WAC Track and Field Athlete of the Week awards this past Tuesday, as all four UVU athletes took home the weekly accolades Tuesday.
Eisenhour took home the weekly award after setting a new school record in the 60m hurdles when he won the race in a time of 8.15 seconds. Hicks also shattered the triple jump UVU record (37-07.50), while Hodson-Davies won the 3000m run (10:14.15).
Following Saturday's meet, the men and women will return to Pocatello in two weeks to take part at ISU's Mountain States Games on Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com.
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24