Utah Jazz infographic: Improved offense leading to more wins
Once firmly at the bottom of the league in terms of points and wins, the Jazz now find themselves playing .500 ball.
The main thing is that Utah has been scoring more — especially its top players. All six of the Jazz's top scorers are enjoying their best month of the season with Hayward leading the way with 27 per game in January's six contests.
Utah's team numbers are all up, too. A field goal percentage that was a paltry 34 percent in November is now at 40 percent. Meanwhile, the team is averaging more than three assists per game above what it was during its 3-15 start.
The result is a team average of 105.3 points per game so far this month — a far cry from November's 90.1 ppg.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 138
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 67
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32