This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- Down payment for love: How to think about the...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 10
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 3
- Down payment for love: How to think... 2