This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Company plans to hire up to 1,000 new...
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 20
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Optimism on the rise for job seekers 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 1