This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 10 cheapest colleges for out-of-state students
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Are schools preparing students for the new...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- These three countries offer insights into the...
- Renovation Solutions: Top remodeling projects...
- Young widows speak out about managing grief,...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Are schools preparing students for the... 5
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 5
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Loans, taxes, regulations on small... 1