This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- The 10 most livable small towns
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,...
- Most American high schoolers don't know how...
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make you...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 7
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Consumers are padding their checking... 2
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 2
- Teen drivers hike Utah car insurance 89... 2
- Before you head off on your vacation,... 2
- Closet clutter: How having fewer,... 1