This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Why some handsome men have trouble finding work
- Dave Ramsey says: Personal finance is all...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Balancing act: When everything comes...
- Why it's important to be yourself at work
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't be ashamed of... 18
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 4
- Why some handsome men have trouble... 3
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is... 1