This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3