This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Want to save big this holiday season?...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- 12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 11
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Immigration reform will boost the... 6
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- US stocks inch further into record... 1
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone... 1