This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Germany to Greece: Don't mess with us over...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1