This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 25 states with the lowest levels of personal...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- From benches to bedrooms: How some...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 7
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 3