This father of 12 made sure his kids paid their own way through college
Big families often equal big trouble when it comes to paying for your children's education, but not for Francis L. Thompson.
In a piece published on Quartz, Thompson explains that though he always "had a very prosperous job and enough money to give my kids almost anything,” he and his wife decided not to.
The result was all 12 of their children attending college, and all of them paying their own way.
"We loved the children regardless of what they did," he wrote after detailing the steps they took to teach their children responsibility, adding that he and his wife "were and are not our kids’ best friends. We were their parents."
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Phone lines are open: Customers camp out for...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- More home-cooked meals really can save you...
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 18
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4