NFC Championship preview: Division rivals 49ers, Seahawks will both look to establish the run
Ted S. Warren, AP
The excitement is building among NFL fans as the AFC and NFC title games draw near, games that will showcase some of the most compelling conference championships in history.
In the NFC championship game, the San Francisco 49ers will head to Seattle to play the Seahawks in what has become one of the most intriguing rivalries in the NFL. The fans of both teams have had well-documented rivalry pranks on one another all season, and it seems only fitting that the two NFC powerhouses meet head on with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.
CenturyLink Field in Seattle, combined with its "12th Man" crowd, has developed a reputation as an extremely hostile environment. In fact, the Seattle crowd has been known to be so loud and rowdy that it has caused earthquakes during games. It is widely considered the loudest stadium in the NFL, and the noise levels have given opponents trouble all year. San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick will need much more than a nice pair of headphones to overcome the Seahawks crowd.
You can follow Mitch Kunzler on Twitter at @MitchKunzler.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28