Tom Smart, Deseret News
SANDY — The 2014 Utah International Auto Expo brings four days and nights of new, shiny, high-tech and concept vehicles to Utah.
Crews have been working hard to bring in 300 cars and trucks inside the South Towne Expo Center. From plug-in electric vehicles to high-end vehicles and antiques, the auto expo has something for everyone.
Organizers say putting on such an event takes a lot of people.
“There are a lot of people here. It's a bit like a beehive," said Craig Bickmore, executive director of the New Car Dealers of Utah.
And the beehive has been humming for hours, as are the cars when they roll in.
"And then what happens is the different cars in different sections come in,” Bickmore said. “They have to be checked to make sure they don't have too much fuel in them — a fire safety issue. It's a choreographed entry and a mad dash exit."
Those who attend the show can test drive more than 50 vehicles and play on a Ford Mustang pool table. There are also more than 20 interactive activities for kids.
* * *
If you go:
What: 2014 Utah International Auto Expo
Where: South Towne Expo Center, 9575 S. State, Sandy
When: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m Friday; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday and Monday.
Admission: $10 for adults; $6 for senior citizens, military and children 7-12 years old; free for children 6 and under
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Police looking for man who allegedly fired at...
- Police searching for two men following...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 74
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 53
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 28
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16