Tom Smart, Deseret News
SANDY — The 2014 Utah International Auto Expo brings four days and nights of new, shiny, high-tech and concept vehicles to Utah.
Crews have been working hard to bring in 300 cars and trucks inside the South Towne Expo Center. From plug-in electric vehicles to high-end vehicles and antiques, the auto expo has something for everyone.
Organizers say putting on such an event takes a lot of people.
“There are a lot of people here. It's a bit like a beehive," said Craig Bickmore, executive director of the New Car Dealers of Utah.
And the beehive has been humming for hours, as are the cars when they roll in.
"And then what happens is the different cars in different sections come in,” Bickmore said. “They have to be checked to make sure they don't have too much fuel in them — a fire safety issue. It's a choreographed entry and a mad dash exit."
Those who attend the show can test drive more than 50 vehicles and play on a Ford Mustang pool table. There are also more than 20 interactive activities for kids.
* * *
If you go:
What: 2014 Utah International Auto Expo
Where: South Towne Expo Center, 9575 S. State, Sandy
When: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m Friday; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday and Monday.
Admission: $10 for adults; $6 for senior citizens, military and children 7-12 years old; free for children 6 and under
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry for...
- Ask a Chef: 3 funeral potato recipes that...
- Sister missionaries relocated from Provo MTC...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- Barricaded man considered shooting police...
- Roosevelt officer justified in shooting death...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 88
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 27
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 19
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 15
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Argument, break-up threats preceded... 12