Westminster basketball: men's team returns home, faces UMW on Saturday
The 19th-ranked Westminster College men’s basketball team is back in the Behnken Field House on Saturday when it welcomes Montana Western to Salt Lake City. The Griffins only game of the week features an earlier tip time of 4 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s game will be carried live on Griffins TV and Comcast 6 in northern Utah. Mike Lageschulte will handle the play-by-play with Lance Barton as the analyst. Live stats will also be available for the contest.
Westminster returns home at 11-7 on the season and is leading the Frontier Conference with a 4-1 record in league contests. The Griffins have posted a 4-1 mark at home this season and have won four straight in the Behnken Field House. The Griffins have also won seven consecutive home conference games dating back to a Jan. 10, 2013 loss to Great Falls.
For the season, the Griffins are averaging 71.83 points per game while shooting 45.7 percent from the field. From beyond the arc, the Griffins are making 33.6 percent of their attempts, and they are shooting 64.2 percent at the foul line. They are handing out 11.83 assists per outing with a 0.92 assist-to-turnover ratio.
Defensively, Westminster allows the opposition to 66.17 points per game and ranks 10th in the NAIA in that department. The Griffins limit opponents to 45.7 percent shooting and 33 percent from beyond the arc. Westminster is 10th nationally with 177 total steals as it forces 17.11 turnovers per outing.
Seniors Tallon Robertson and Blake Skidmore are the top two scorers on the team as they combine to average 31.17 points per game. Robertson is scoring 16.89 points per night and is second in the Frontier by collecting 7.28 rebounds per game. Skidmore scores 14.28 points per game and is shooting 41 percent from three. Colton Moon leads the team with 56 assists and 40 steals.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 150
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 61
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 32
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 19