Westminster basketball: men's team returns home, faces UMW on Saturday
The 19th-ranked Westminster College men’s basketball team is back in the Behnken Field House on Saturday when it welcomes Montana Western to Salt Lake City. The Griffins only game of the week features an earlier tip time of 4 p.m. MST.
Saturday’s game will be carried live on Griffins TV and Comcast 6 in northern Utah. Mike Lageschulte will handle the play-by-play with Lance Barton as the analyst. Live stats will also be available for the contest.
Westminster returns home at 11-7 on the season and is leading the Frontier Conference with a 4-1 record in league contests. The Griffins have posted a 4-1 mark at home this season and have won four straight in the Behnken Field House. The Griffins have also won seven consecutive home conference games dating back to a Jan. 10, 2013 loss to Great Falls.
For the season, the Griffins are averaging 71.83 points per game while shooting 45.7 percent from the field. From beyond the arc, the Griffins are making 33.6 percent of their attempts, and they are shooting 64.2 percent at the foul line. They are handing out 11.83 assists per outing with a 0.92 assist-to-turnover ratio.
Defensively, Westminster allows the opposition to 66.17 points per game and ranks 10th in the NAIA in that department. The Griffins limit opponents to 45.7 percent shooting and 33 percent from beyond the arc. Westminster is 10th nationally with 177 total steals as it forces 17.11 turnovers per outing.
Seniors Tallon Robertson and Blake Skidmore are the top two scorers on the team as they combine to average 31.17 points per game. Robertson is scoring 16.89 points per night and is second in the Frontier by collecting 7.28 rebounds per game. Skidmore scores 14.28 points per game and is shooting 41 percent from three. Colton Moon leads the team with 56 assists and 40 steals.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21