BYU women’s track and field will travel to Albuquerque, N.M., to compete in the Lobo Collegiate Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 18.
“I think it will be a good meet. We are taking a large group, and there will be some good competition,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “This track is where the NCAA indoor meet will be held. It will be a nice opportunity for us to compete on a 200 meter track, the same track we will compete on at nationals.”
After winning the 60m and the 300m at the BYU Invitational, freshman Lauren Baxter is one of the athletes to watch Saturday.
Alyssa Monteverde will be competing in her individual events this weekend rather than participating in the pentathlon. Meaghan Heffelfinger will be throwing at the Invitational after earning top 10 status in the weight throw at the BYU Invitational, securing eighth place all-time at BYU.
Performances are also anticipated from senior Sarah Yingling, freshman Shea Martinez and sophomore Rachel Stewart who will be running the 800m race. Yingling had outstanding performances in her distance races in 2013, and this will be her first competition of 2014. Martinez, a highly recruited freshman out of Utah, will be making her collegiate debut in Albuquerque. Stewart had an outstanding freshman year and cross-country season.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Randy Hollis: Finally, the state's 'Big Four'...
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play... 4