BYU track: Cougars head to New Mexico for Lobo Collegiate Invitational
BYU men’s track will compete in its first road meet of the indoor season this weekend as it travels to Albuquerque, N.M., for the Lobo Collegiate Invitational.
“I think it will be a good meet," head coach Ed Eyestone said. "We are taking a large group and there will be some good competition. This track is where the NCAA indoor meet will be held. It will be a nice opportunity for us to compete on a 200 meter track, the same track we will compete on at nationals.”
The Cougars are looking to build on a strong showing at last weekend’s BYU Indoor Invitational. Dakoda John, Sam Rockwood and Zachary Blackham all cleared 6 feet 11 inches in the high jump last weekend and lead a deep group of high jumpers. Zach Stetler leads the Cougars in throws, Braydon Bringhurst in the pole vault and Tommy Gruenewald in the mile. Korey Smith hopes to build off a solid performance at the BYU Indoor Invitational where he took first in the 500m and was part of the 4x400m relay team that took first.
The meet will take place at the Albuquerque Convention Center and will last all day Saturday.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down Big 12...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- College football countdown No. 43: BYU...
- Athlete's tribute: 'Show me a legend and...
- BYU volleyball: 10 Cougars named to WCC...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 78
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32