BYU track: Cougars head to New Mexico for Lobo Collegiate Invitational
BYU men’s track will compete in its first road meet of the indoor season this weekend as it travels to Albuquerque, N.M., for the Lobo Collegiate Invitational.
“I think it will be a good meet," head coach Ed Eyestone said. "We are taking a large group and there will be some good competition. This track is where the NCAA indoor meet will be held. It will be a nice opportunity for us to compete on a 200 meter track, the same track we will compete on at nationals.”
The Cougars are looking to build on a strong showing at last weekend’s BYU Indoor Invitational. Dakoda John, Sam Rockwood and Zachary Blackham all cleared 6 feet 11 inches in the high jump last weekend and lead a deep group of high jumpers. Zach Stetler leads the Cougars in throws, Braydon Bringhurst in the pole vault and Tommy Gruenewald in the mile. Korey Smith hopes to build off a solid performance at the BYU Indoor Invitational where he took first in the 500m and was part of the 4x400m relay team that took first.
The meet will take place at the Albuquerque Convention Center and will last all day Saturday.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- BYU's seniors know trip won't be complete...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record... 19
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off... 19
- Miracle Bowl, 34 years later: I don't... 17
- Stewart has brought back an identity... 16