MURRAY — The Murray School District will host a meeting for parents to learn about the Horizon Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program, which begins next August for incoming first-graders.
The meeting is Thursday, Feb. 13, 5:30 p.m. at the Horizon Elementary Media Center, 5180 S. Glendon St.
The district encourages parents of all kindergarten students to attend so they can learn about the opportunity for their children to learn to speak, read and write both English and Spanish.
For more information, contact Heather Nicholas, principal at Horizon Elementary, 801-264-7420; or Martha Kupferschmidt, director of teaching and learning at the Murray District offices, 801-264-7400.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17