MURRAY — The Murray School District will host a meeting for parents to learn about the Horizon Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program, which begins next August for incoming first-graders.
The meeting is Thursday, Feb. 13, 5:30 p.m. at the Horizon Elementary Media Center, 5180 S. Glendon St.
The district encourages parents of all kindergarten students to attend so they can learn about the opportunity for their children to learn to speak, read and write both English and Spanish.
For more information, contact Heather Nicholas, principal at Horizon Elementary, 801-264-7420; or Martha Kupferschmidt, director of teaching and learning at the Murray District offices, 801-264-7400.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Nebo educator named Health Teacher of the Year
- Class experiment teaches students...
- Recreation, road improvement projects in...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9